- 1 c. nondairy milk
- 1 t. apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 c. granulated sugar
- 1/3 c. canola oil
- 1 1/2 t. vanilla extract
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/3 c. cocoa powder (regular or Dutch processed)
- 3/4 t. baking soda
- 1/2 t. baking powder
- 1/4 t. salt
- Review recipe and gather ingredients. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line muffin pan with paper liners or use silicon liners with a sheet pan.
- Combine the nondairy milk and apple cider in a large bowl until foamy. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift together dry ingredients (flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt). Set aside.
- Add the rest of the wet ingredients to the milk/cider mixture (sugar, canola oil and extract).
- In several batches, add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and mix very well. Using an ice cream scoop or a small ladle, scoop batter into prepared pan or silicon cups.
- Bake for about 18 minutes, until cake springs back to touch. Cool completely on a cake rack before frosting.