Baking Soda – A Welcome Friend in the Kitchen! – by Laura Theodore
The cleaning star in my kitchen is Baking Soda! Baking Soda is “eco-nomical” and eco-friendly and it is one of my favorite all-purpose cleansers. Kept in a shaker, it’s perfect for scrubbing a multitude of surfaces throughout the house. Who knew cleaning could be so easy?
TOP TEN uses for BAKING SODA
- Use Baking Soda to scrub your kitchen sink. (Baking Soda also helps to deodorize the drain.)
- Use Baking Soda to clean your bathtub. Wet the surface, sprinkle liberally, let set for a few minutes, scrub clean and rinse thoroughly.
- Use Baking Soda to scrub and deodorize the cat litter pan. (Rinse thoroughly!)
- Use Baking Soda in your refrigerator and freezer to absorb un-pleasant odors, Open a small box, tear off the top and place in the back of a lower shelf. Replace the box every few months.
- Use Baking Soda as a cleanser for your pots and pans to remove stubborn stains and food particles. Works GREAT and really makes your cookware shine!
- Use Baking Soda to clean your oven. Sprinkle Baking Soda liberally over the bottom of your oven, spray with water until it is thoroughly damp, let sit for a while, scoop out dirt with a sponge or clean rag, and thoroughly rinse away the residue. Repeat if needed.
- Use Baking Soda in the bottom of your garbage pail to deodorize and absorb un-pleasant odors.
- Use Baking Soda to remove stains on the kitchen counter top. Wet the area slightly, sprinkle with baking soda, let sit for a few minutes and scrub clean.
- Use Baking Soda along with distilled white vinegar to help unclog a slow running drain. Pour in 1/2-cup baking soda and then pour in 1-cup vinegar. It will fizzle up. Let stand for about 30 minutes. Pour in about two cups very hot water. This will help to loosen dirt in your drain.
- Use Baking Soda for baking!
Excerpt from Laura Theodore’s Vegan-Ease: An Easy Guide to Enjoying a Plant-Based Diet © Laura Theodore (Jazzy Vegetarian, LLC 2015), reprinted by permission.