1 tbsp vegan butter (e.g. Earth Balance)
1 medium onion, minced
1/4 cup white wine
1 quart vegetable stock
1 1/2 pound cremini mushroom, sliced
1 cup of sliced carrots
Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a medium to large sauce pan, saute onions in vegan butter until they start to get translucent.
2. Add mushrooms, salt and pepper. Let simmer until mushrooms soften and the liquids dry.
3. Add white wine and simmer for a couple of minutes.
4. Add carrots and vegetable stock and cook until carrots are soft.
5. Turn off heat and remove most of the carrots and 3 scoops of mushroom slices and set aside.
6. With a hand mixer blend the soup in the sauce pan until most of the mushrooms and carrots are in small pieces.
7. Serve the soup in bowls and garnish with carrot pieces and mushroom slices that were set aside.